Posted on November 17, 2021. Primary Region: Regina, SK
We are currently seeking a hands-on, strategic leader to fill the role of General Manager at our grain terminal in Indian Head, SK. As General Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operation of the grain terminal including grain procurement and shipments, inventory, staff management, grain grading and storage. With the knack to think creatively, you will execute sales and marketing tactics, develop new sales channels, and diversify our market share by uncovering opportunities within the industry. This candidate must have the ability to provide support, recommendations, and operational execution for a variety of existing challenges and opportunities. Excellent critical, strategic, and decision-making competencies are a must to devise annual budget targets, and to prepare forecasts based on data trends, profits, and losses over a period of time.
• Assist in Employee Relations including coaching, managing & mentoring direct reports to keep an engaged work force interpreting policies, and providing oversight on disciplinary letters/action;
• Assist in financial decision making, including budgeting, facility cost and profitability;
• Optimize throughput and grain handling of the facility;
• Supervise operations team’s daily activities to ensure a safe working environment, certify quality standards are met, maximize productivity and meet customer service requirements;
• Communicate with the marketing staff in an ongoing fashion to coordinate grain activities;
• Monitor stored grain conditions and schedule maintenance/cleaning of facilities and equipment;
• Report high level items to General Manager and ensure department goals/budgets are being met;
• Demonstrate integrity, service, market knowledge and professionalism in dealings with farmers and end users to build customer loyalty and positive working relationships;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the agribusiness, manufacturing, construction, and/or transportation sectors;
• Degree/Certificate in Agriculture, Agribusiness or equivalent post-secondary education is considered an asset;
• Success in a leadership capacity, providing mentorship to staff;
• Excellent verbal skills reflected in the ability to foster strong relationships with staff and customers.
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
• On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
• Employee Referral Program (up to $350 per successful referral);
• Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.patersongrain.com/careers/
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
Job type: Full-time