Company: Metcalf Food & Beverage Inc. / Metcalf Food & Beverage Inc.
Business information: We provide special mobile event food services across Canada.
Business address: 577 Markham Road, Scarborough, ON, M1H 2A3
Work Location: Various locations at events across ON, SK, AB, and BC.
Type of Employment: Full time - Seasonal
Estimated Start Date: May 30th, 2018
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Prepare varied dishes from scratch with fresh products
• Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas
• Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
• Order supplies and equipment
• Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Clean kitchen and work areas
• Recruit and hire staff
• Manage kitchen operations
• Participate in all food preparations
• Prepare mobile kitchen for travel and make trailer ready for opening at next event
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years of experience a then a post-secondary certificate is required
- Must be available/able to travel for 5 months
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Uniforms, food, transportation, accommodation.
- Flexibility in schedule is required.
- Always weekends shifts
- Shifts varies according to each event. Some events may run 10 or more days straight.
- Overtime may be required.
- Fulltime travel is required
- This position might be physically demanding
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail: 577 Markham Road, Scarborough, ON, M1H 2A3
Job type: Seasonal