McCain Foods (Canada) has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor in our Carberry, Manitoba Facility. The basic purpose of this position is to effectively plan, organize, lead, and provide support for the production operation in the areas of Mechanics and Millwrights.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager, or other as designated by the Company
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership and support for an Industrial maintenance team, working towards proactive maintenance systems and continuous improvement strategies
• Performs root cause analysis’ when issues arise
• Participates / leads investigations arising in a production environment, which also include people, quality, safety and food safety related issues
• Administrative responsibilities include task/time scheduling using CMMS as well as electronic reports as required
• Liaison with corporate support for project management initiatives
• Ensure safe, efficient work practices for building/equipment repair, rebuild shop, fabrication, welding, rigging and other associated activities
• Specialized production machinery
• Supervision of contracted services within the factory as required
• Assist factory teams in developing areas of opportunity
• Proactively foster and promote the safe work habits of employees. Ensure proper safety policies and procedures are followed. Active participation in health & safety initiatives, taking a lead role in safety optimization in the drive towards zero incidents
• Ensure all HACCP guidelines, rules and regulations are being followed throughout the food maintenance process, including the proper completion of all required documentation
• Oversee performance management system for direct reports including performance appraisals and coaching and progressive discipline as required
• Prepares weekly employee schedules
• Vacation planning and approvals
• Daily employee timekeeping (Kronos)
• Other supervisory administrative duties relating to managing employees as they arise
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Academic: Must have: An Industrial Journeyman Millwright / Mechanical license (Red Seal) or Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field. The degree should have a primary emphasis in one of the following areas: mechanical, electrical, and / or architectural / structural engineering.
Nice to have: A secondary field in business.
Related Work Experience (internal to the organization or external):
• 5 to 10 years of supervisory experience in a processing plant or an equivalent combination of experience and qualifications
• 5 years of supervising people
• Experience managing projects, budgets, and a CMMS program
• Supervisory experience in a processing plant
We offer competitive benefits and pension package with the opportunity for advancement within the McCain Global Network. McCain Foods Carberry is a 24 hour, 7 day a week facility.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the opportunity please visit www.mccain.com, requisition number 34120 BR to review a more detailed job description and apply. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: May 23, 2018
Posting Close Date: June 6, 2018
Job type: Full-time