HyLife Foods, a division of the HyLife organization and leading primary pork processor for domestic and world markets is seeking an experienced Millwright. To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products, we strive to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This position is based in the vibrant community of Neepawa, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
This position works day shifts, Friday 8 hours, Saturday and Sunday 12 hours each, Monday 8 hours or work a 12 hour shift rotation which will require both AM and PM shift coverage from 5 - 5. The Millwright is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of industrial machinery, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment, in the maintenance and repair of transportation and heavy equipment, in the installation and repair of telecommunication and power cables and in other repair and service work settings. The successful candidate will also be required to perform maintenance duties and other tasks assigned.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
• Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision
• Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing.
• Works from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
• Must be able to troubleshoot and identify mechanical/electrical problems
• Operate production equipment and check performance as required
• Strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
• Proficient in use of computerized maintenance management system
• Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• Must have valid Red Seal Millwright license
• Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
• Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
• Sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and in a multi-functional team with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Basic computer ability
• Highly motivated
• Knowledge of conveyors, industrial pumps and compressors, grinders, welding equipment, electrical and electronic controls, lathes and machining tools, power tools, fans and blowers, hydraulic systems and high speed packaging equipment
• Heavy lifting maybe required
• May be required to bend, lift and climb while wearing the appropriate equipment
• Working in various environments
• Exposure to chemicals
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
• Strong focus on food safety and workplace safety
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you have the qualifications and the passion to meet this challenge then we would like to explore your potential. Please apply online at http://www.hylife.com/current-opportunities
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time