The Traffic Control Personnel, “Flagger”, will have the responsibility to safely setup, manage, and direct traffic through a construction site while having the ability to address the general public’s concerns (as required).
The position will include the following responsibilities:
• Safety (on-going)
o Identify hazards on site, never have back to traffic
o Follow West-Can Policies and Procedures
o Fill out Field Level Hazard Assessment (FLHA) cards
o Take all measures to protect the public and crew
o Know safe way out
o Refuse unsafe work
o Wear all PPE as required by Task, FLHA and OH&S Code
• Operating Tools & Equipment
o Pilot vehicles through construction zones
o Use of two way radios and MIKE phones
o Use of sign truck and post pounder
o Use of ‘Stop/Slow’ paddle
o Follow all company policy and procedures
• General Flagger Practices
o Control the flow of traffic through construction zones
o Set up and take down of traffic control signs and devices
o Preserve Roadway markings
o Keep a log of all daily tasks and signing
o Maintain all tools and equipment required to successfully complete job
o Assist the crew as required
o Always plan escape routes
o Notify supervisors of unsafe or changing scenarios
o Ensure all signs and equipment are secure in vehicle prior to moving
• High school or equivalent
• Entry level role, no experience necessary.
• Previous experience in the construction industry would be an asset
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per shift)
• Willingness to travel and spend extended time away from home
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions, including extreme hot & cold temperatures and high levels of humidity
• Ability to walk up to 10 kilometers per day
Please send your resume to [email protected].
Make sure to state the position you are applying for in the subject.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Job type: Seasonal