Newton Enterprises is a General Contracting firm located in Newton, Manitoba. We offer construction management and design-build services to clients in both the public and private sectors. Our company tagline, ‘Building a Better Life’ expresses our commitment to improve the lives of our customers by providing excellence in design and construction. You can learn more about our company online at NewtonEnterprises.ca.
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Construction Estimator. In this role you will be responsible for preparing cost estimates, proposals, and bids for commercial, agricultural and residential buildings.
• Review specifications and drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to gain a complete understanding of the project scope of work.
• Develop a bid strategy and estimate template to encompass all aspects of the project.
• Source material costs and sub-contractor quotations, perform quantity take-offs and populate the estimate template.
• Assist in the completion of tender documents.
• Prepare a construction schedule, alternative pricing, unit pricing, and any additional requirements of the tender documents, ensuring the bid submission is complete.
• Follow up and record tender results, evaluate position of submitted bid, and develop a strategy to grow potential for success of future bids.
• Meet with the Production team to hand over the project upon notice of award.
• Graduate of a recognized program in Construction Management, Engineering Technology
• 3-5 years’ experience as a commercial Construction Estimator or Project Manager with a successful track record in the preparation of commercial tenders
• Thorough understanding of structural design, building code requirements, and construction processes
• Ability to establish and build good working relationships with suppliers and sub-trades
• A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• A self-starter with excellent organizational/time management skills
• Detail oriented with sound decision-making ability and accuracy in numerical calculations
• Ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of deadlines
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Willingness to learn, and to develop product knowledge.
• Sound decision-making ability and creative problem-solving skills
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a great work environment. Are you interested in joining our team? Send us your resume by email to [email protected], or mail to:
Attention: Human Resource Manager
Box 1070, Newton, MB
Job type: Salary