We are a rapidly expanding company dedicated to high quality, healthy products to serve our customers. Presently we are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our cutting floor production needs. This individual would report to the Production Manager and follow the cutting priorities set by the Production Manager.
The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure the maintenance of a safe and clean work environment through education and direction of employees on the use of equipment and resources while being compliant with policies and procedures.
• Follow and enforce legislative requirements and maintain high quality standards by following and enforcing GMP’s, HACCP and SOP’s
• Work with the production manager in planning, engaging in, directing and understanding the daily production operations while anticipating and troubleshooting production problems
• Assign appropriate employees to tasks, establish priorities, resolve problems and revise schedules as needed
• Measure performance and achieve Continuous Improvement in processes to implement cost reductions while maintaining quality
• Continuously improve: employee relations, yields, labor results, equipment functionality, good sanitation practices, and personal work knowledge
• Develop, direct, manage, train, and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraisal of job results, and coaching, counselling and disciplining employees.
In order to ensure that the above responsibilities can be done effectively, this individual would require the following skills and abilities:
• High degree of knowledge, skills and ability to use equipment utilized in the Cut production area-2+ years experience required
• Strong problem solving and technical abilities
• Strong proven supervisory or leadership skills-2-5 years experience in a supervisory position required
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good change management skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
• Efficient planning and organizational skills to maintain production flow and meet consistent production results
• Effective interpersonal skills to be able to manage and motivate employees
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• High attention to detail and quality in product production
• Strong initiative to be consistent in meeting deadlines
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work in a cold, noisy environment
• Open to challenges and change
The position comes with the possibility of overtime required. Benefits are available after 3 months.
Salary will depend on the experience of the individual.
If you are energized by challenging work and feel that you have the skills and abilities outlined above, please send your resume to [email protected] .
This position is available immediately. Closing date for applications is July 13, 2018.
Only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time