Oakdale Kitchens Inc.
Company: Oakdale Kitchens Inc.
Company information: Since its formation, Oakdale Kitchens has grown to be one of the premiere kitchen cabinet makers in its class. All our precision crafted work is completed on time and on budget at our facilities. Whether you are upgrading your existing cabinets or building new we can create the kitchen of your dreams by providing you with our extensive experience building both traditional and modern kitchens.
Business address: 92 Oakdale Road, Downsview, ON M3N 1V9
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
• Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce joints
• Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products; prepare and apply laminated plastics
• Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products
• Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
• Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
• Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
• Paint spraying
• Operate CADD and other computer software systems
• Maintain clean and safe work environment
• Supervise other workers and instruct apprentices
• Estimate costs and materials
• Check blue prints and inspects machine
• Sprays cabinet with finish
• Stains, seals, tones and sands cabinets to finalize and/or repair cabinets
• Repairs scarred cabinets, including filling, staining and toning
• Maintains inventory and materials necessary for cabinet/door finishing
-Strong organization skills, meticulous, flexible, personable, detailed, adhere to strict deadlines. Physical stamina and endurance.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Attention to detail
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of work experience in cabinetmaking is required.
If candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required
Salary: $19.50 to $21.50 hourly, 44 Hours per week.
Work schedule will be 7:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 7:30am - 4:00 pm on Friday. Position requires flexibility in scheduling - some weekend hours may be required. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 92 Oakdale Road, Downsview, ON M3N 1V9
Apply by fax: 416-741-3996
Job type: Full-time