Propane Service Technician 2 / Gasfitter with ability to obtain Class 3
Posted on July 12, 2018. Region: Brandon, MB
Propane Service Technician 2
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the positions of Propane Service Technician 2 at our West Man Propane office located in Brandon, Manitoba.
This position will service bulk propane customers in West Manitoba out of the Brandon Regional office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of propane to domestic and commercial accounts.
Reporting to the Propane Sales and Operations Supervisor, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. To promote the sale and the use of Co-op Propane.
2. To provide customer service to all retail personnel, customers, and co-workers in a helpful and respectful manner, and refer any concerns to the supervisor for action.
3. To accept, schedule and carry out service and installation orders from retail Co-ops, retail members and FCL direct accounts.
4. Assist in mentoring co-workers in Service Technician 1 positions if and when required.
5. To complete annual maintenance checks on all required commercial and filling plan locations. Record any deficiencies found and complete any repairs required to ensure facilities are safe and conform to all regulations and codes.
6. To maintain an inventory of propane equipment, parts and fittings.
7. The operation and service of truck cranes while following applicable standards during rigging, loading, securing and transporting of tanks and other equipment.
8. Become familiar with the operation of the computerized Propane Sales Management System (PSMS) and carry out administrative responsibilities as required.
9. To ensure all necessary preventative maintenance procedures are carried out on the service vehicle and crane unit, plus maintain all tools and equipment in safe working order and to report any problem areas to the supervisor.
10. To observe and assess potential hazards involving customer tank installations and report concerns to the supervisor.
11. To consistently adhere to all standard work procedures, policies, rules, regulations and guidelines.
12. To deliver propane.
13. To perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School education (or equivalent).
- Must hold a valid Gasfitter License (required to perform service work and installations on propane equipment up to 400,000 BTU’s).
- Must have a valid Class 3 (with air endorsement) license or the ability to obtain a Class 3 license.
- Must be in good health and be physically fit to perform all duties and responsibilities.
- May be subject to pre-access Alcohol, Drug and Fitness test for client groups.
- Must be clear of any criminal charges or convictions – a criminal record check will be conducted.
- Must complete a practical driving competency check (ride along).
- Must have a safe driving record and be able to provide clear driver’s abstract.
•Preference will be given to individuals with experience related to residential or commercial propane installations.
•Must be prepared to respond to emergency call outs on evenings and weekends on short notice.
•Must participate in an On Call program implemented by supervisor to adequately service customer needs as required.
*A COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MAY BE CONSIDERED.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
DEADLINE Please submit a detailed resume in confidence on or before July 13, 2018.
Submit your resume by email. Please indicate position applied for in “Subject” line.
Propane Sales and Operations Supervisor,
Federated Co-operatives Limited
75 Wheat Belt Road, Brandon, MB R7A 5Y5
Brandon, MB R0G 0J0
Job type: Full-time