West-Can Human Resource Solutions is currently recruiting, on behalf of our client, for a Operations Manager position in Brandon to start immediately.
To direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of our wide array of products. Support the sale and scheduling of product deliveries to our retail and partner locations across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.
• Proven experience as a manager / supervisor
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
• Experience in distribution logistics (scheduling, order fulfillment, route planning, tracking)
• Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
• Leadership skills and ability manage staff
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Strengths in follow-up and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Inside/outside sales experience preferred
• Combination of education and experience in warehouse / logistics. Post-secondary education preferred.
1. Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
2. Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
3. Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
4. Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
5. Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
6. Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
7. Manage stock control and reconcile with online ordering / inventory systems
8. Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
9. Communications / sales to retail locations and 3rd party outlets to fill transport loads
10. Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
11. Production and delivery of logistics reports
12. Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
For more information or to apply for this opportunity contact West-Can Human Resource Solutions at [email protected] or (204) 727-0008.
Job type: Salary