As Canada’s largest manufacturer of steel building systems, BEHLEN values our people and our community as much as our clients value our work. Behlen Industries LP manufactures steel building systems used in recreational, commercial, and industrial markets. Behlen is a proud member of WGI Westman Group Inc. – A dynamic, entrepreneurial group dedicated to the growth of their employees, customers and the communities in which they operate.
Progress creates a career opportunity in Brandon, Manitoba.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND HEALTH & SAFETY ASSISTANT
Working with guidance from the Health & Safety and Human Resources Coordinators, the Human Resources and Health & Safety Assistant is responsible for providing administrative duties that support both Health &Safety and HR activities. This role provides support in the areas of recruitment and selection, employee and labour relations, training and development, policies and procedures and human resource information systems. This position also supports the coordination of occupational health & safety programs which include specific policies and procedures, training and education, workers compensation, disability management and other plant specific training.
This role requires:
• Completion of Business Diploma or Degree, with a specialization in Health & Safety or Human Resources
o Combinations of experience and relevant courses will also be considered.
• One to two years progressive HR and/or H&S experience.
o Experience in a large office and/or manufacturing environment is an asset.
• Knowledge of practices and procedures related to both H&S and HR is a requirement.
• Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
• Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, time and priority management are necessary for success.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, continually adapt to change and work under pressure
Behlen Industries LP provides a competitive total rewards package including professional growth, career development and continuous learning. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply to [email protected] by Friday, August 10, 2018. Please provide résumé and cover letter, stating salary expectations.
Job type: Full-time