WESTMAN STEEL is a national supplier of premium steel products. Westman Steel is a proud member of WGI Westman Group Inc. – a dynamic, entrepreneurial group dedicated to the growth of their employees, customers and the communities in which they operate.
Continued progress creates the following career opportunity in Brandon, MB.
Our Estimators are responsible for completing preliminary designs and providing price cost estimates based on the evaluation and interpretation of customer supplied information. Through this process our Estimators are required to work within code requirements, proper engineering practices, building system standards and our system costing structure. Acting as a contact, our Estimators assist in the coordination of information and provide customer service to new and established customers.
This role requires:
• Completion of a Structural, Architectural Engineering Technologist diploma or degree.
o Combinations of experience and relevant courses will also be considered.
• One to two years related experience with estimating building structures in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD programs is an asset
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Above average mathematical skills; a strong, resourceful problem solver
• Attention to detail, time and priority management are necessary for success
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, continually adapt to change and work under pressure
Westman Steel provides a competitive total rewards package including professional growth, career development and continuous learning. The company offers excellent benefits and a deferred profit sharing plan. Please apply by email to [email protected] by Friday, August 3, 2018. Please provide résumé, stating salary expectations.
Job type: Full-time