Mechanical Technicians (Various roles across Canada)
Posted on August 2, 2018. Region: Brandon, MB
Location: Canada (CA) - Airdrie, AB; Edson, AB; Shaunavon, SK; Swift Current, SK; Winnipeg, MB; Brandon, MB; Portage La Prairie, MB; Cambridge, ONT; Haileybury, ONT; Thunder Bay, ON; Magog, QC.
Job Category: Operations; Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time , Non-Union
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
As part of the Canada Gas Operations team that supports the development and execution of new commercial infrastructure opportunities as well as maximizes the value of existing assets, we are recruiting for various field roles in multiple field locations across Canada. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled. Interviews may commence at any time to accommodate business needs between August and November 2018.
We're up for any challenge. Are you?
Delivering energy across North America safely, responsibly and reliably takes a skilled hands-on team. Our Canadian operations employees make sure we deliver natural gas day-in and day-out to millions of people who count on TransCanada for the energy that powers our world. Our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration guide how we work with one another – and how we work with external partners who are affected by our operations.
Over the last seven decades, we’ve proven how our diverse workforce can deliver creative solutions to society’s energy challenges. For example, last year, our multigenerational workforce in the Canadian Gas Operations team took one frontline technician’s “crazy” idea to run a PIG (Pipeline Inspection Gauge) almost 1,000 km and set a North American record and a new standard for natural gas pipeline inspections.
TransCanada provides opportunities to:
• Grow your skills and build your career for the long term
• Work in a diverse, inclusive environment that supports balance with your family life
• Make a positive difference in our local communities
• Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package
Are you passionate about safety, working in a supportive and collaborative environment, and taking initiative? To learn more about life at TransCanada see: Careers for trades and operators
As a Mechanical Technician, you’ll support our Canadian Natural Gas Pipelines business, spanning more than 14,000 km from Northwestern Alberta to Northwestern Ontario. You’ll apply your mechanical and technical skills to keep our natural gas compressor stations, measurement stations, and pipeline sites running smoothly.
Working independently or under the direction of the leader or senior team member, you will be responsible to complete a variety of operations and maintenance activities at compressor, measurement, and pipeline sites. You may be required to travel to other locations for temporary assignments, meetings, and training involving some overnight stays away from home.
• Ensure facilities and personnel comply with TransCanada's safety, health, environment and risk standards;
• Perform the installation testing, repair and maintenance on compressor units as well as other associated equipment;
• Troubleshoot equipment problems utilizing technical reference manuals and documents;
• Perform technical analysis to prepare recommendations for future action;
• Provide multi-skilled maintenance support with other technicians in the completion of pipeline activities;
• Oversee third party contractors;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED;
• Valid driver’s license;
• Proven mechanical aptitude;
• Planning and organization skills;
• Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills;
• Collaborative in a team environment that includes shared responsibilities and independent execution of specific tasks.
• Completion or working towards a Technologist Diploma or Mechanical related Trade Certificate (Millwright, Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic, Aerospace etc.);
• Experience with the interpretation of technical reference documents;
• Aptitude and desire for learning new software and computer systems.
You may be required to travel to other locations for temporary assignments, meetings, and training involving some overnight stays away from home. These roles are overtime eligible and will be art of an on-call rotating schedule, and is subject to call-out for emergency response.
The regular work schedule will be:
• Week 1 – Monday to Thursday 9 hours / day; Friday is an 8 hour day
• Week 2 – Monday to Thursday 9 hours / day; Friday is a Regular Day Off (RDO)
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
All positions require background screening, including criminal and/or credit checks, in order to comply with regulations.
Be part of something great – Make what you do Matter
To apply to this posting please go to: http://bit.ly/2McA3Kn. Only applications submitted through TransCanada's internal Careers site will be acknowledged.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact [email protected].
TransCanada is an inclusive, equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Job type: Full-time