BDO Canada is currently hiring a full-time permanent Estate/Trust Tax Technician within our Brandon Office. The successful candidate will work with Managers and other team members on tax compliance and consulting engagements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of T1 terminal tax returns
- Responsible for the preparation of T3 estate tax returns and T3 family trust returns
- Responsible for the preparation of any adjustments required to T1 terminal tax returns and T3 estate returns
- Communicate with lawyers regularly to provide fee quotes, answer questions and advise on holdback amounts
- Communicate with executors of the estates to obtain information, answer questions, and follow up as required
- Meet with executors to sign and discuss documentation required
- Maintain a good tracking system to ensure that all files are being followed up regularly and to ensure that filing deadlines are met
- Communicate with Canada Revenue Agency as required to discuss estates and follow up on filings
- Apply for and follow up on clearance certificates required for estates
- Assist in developing and implementing effective processes as and when required
- Prepare invoices for estate
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Experience using software such as: Tax Prep, Caseware and Microsoft Office Suite
- A college or university accounting diploma or certificate an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong communication skills: both verbal and written
- Available to work overtime as required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.
Job type: Full-time