Manitoba Starch Products is the only manufacturer of food-grade potato starch in Canada. Our growing, state of the art processing facility is located near Carberry, MB, in the heart of Canada and surrounded by western Canadian potato production.
We are currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated, full-time Controller to complement our Financial team. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of the accounting department. You will ensure that all financial activities are in line with Company goals and objectives, in conformity with GAAP, and makes good business sense.
The duties of the role will include:
• Monitor and analyze accounting data to produce and present accurate and timely financial reports for the CFO and Senior Management
• Complete month-end processes
• Assist with year-end closings, including year-end audit and the preparation of internal operating statements of the Company
• Balance sheet reconciliations and resolution of discrepancies
• Assist with forecast and budget preparation
• Update and reconcile Capital Asset listings
• Complete and submit tax remittance forms, Worker’s Compensation forms, pension contribution forms, benefit program administration, and other government remittances
• Ensure that all established financial policies, rules, regulations and agreements are followed
• Ensure that all department processes and procedures are appropriately documented and complied with
• Process daily accounts payable and receivable transactions accurately and efficiently, in conjunction with the Accounting Coordinator
• Bi-weekly payroll processing for 30+ employees
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management, as required
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Degree / Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• 10+ years progressive accounting related experience, preferred
• Payroll and benefits administration experience
• Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office with exceptional Excel skills required. The ability to use and / or learn other in-house programs and various financial reporting software systems is also a requirement. ERP experience would be considered an asset
• Strong interpersonal with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and meet tight reporting deadlines
• Enjoy a changing and challenging environment and contribute positively to team dynamics
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in a retail, consumer packaged goods, or manufacturing environment is considered an asset
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to determine best financial approach
• Must be a Canadian resident, legally entitled to work in Canada, and able to communicate fluently in English
We offer competitive wages, group benefits, a Health Care Spending Account and an RRSP matching program to all employees upon successful completion of the requisite probationary period.
Qualified candidates can apply by emailing a current resume and cover letter to the attention of Brent McMillan at [email protected] by September 17th, 2018.
We thank all that apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time