HyLife Ltd. is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics and meat sales in various countries around the world. This position is based at the Killarney Distribution Centre in the vibrant community of Killarney, Manitoba. We are currently seeking a highly motivated person to fill the position of Purchasing Officer, reporting directly to the Killarney Distribution Centre Supervisor.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
* Planning & replenishing inventory levels efficiently
* Ensure accurate management of purchase orders
* Managing and updating item card information
* Sourcing out maintenance and production related products
* Negotiating with vendors
* Collection of specs or requirements for new products
* Various tender projects determined by Senior Manager of Procurement
* Meet with vendors and suppliers
* Working closely with our other purchasing officers and procurement team
* Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
* Purchasing experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Access
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics would be an asset
* Inventory control experience
* Ability to adapt to continuous change in a fast-paced environment
* Leadership experience
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.hylife.com/current-opportunities
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time