BDO Canada is currently hiring a full-time permanent T1 Tax Technician within our Brandon Office. The successful candidate will work with Managers and other team members on tax compliance and consulting engagements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and reviewing of T1 tax returns
- Assist other remote offices in the preparation of T1 tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of adjustments required to T1 tax returns
- Meet and discuss tax returns with clients
- Maintain a good tracking system to ensure that all files are being followed up regularly and to ensure that filing deadlines are met
- Communicate with Canada Revenue Agency as required to discuss returns and follow up
- Assist in developing and implementing effective processes as and when required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Experience using software such as: Tax Prep, Caseware and Microsoft Office Suite
- A college or university accounting diploma or certificate an asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work overtime as required
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Previous experience preparing T1's would be an asset
- Deadline and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently High energy
- Ability to follow established procedures
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.
Job type: Full-time