HyLife, a leading primary pork producer and processor for domestic and world markets is seeking a Procurement Coop Student. To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products, we strive to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This position can be based in any of the following locations according to the candidate preference: head office in La Broquerie, Manitoba, the processing plant in Neepawa, Manitoba or Feed Mill in Killarney, Manitoba.
The Procurement Coop Student will support various business and/or supply chain projects at one of these locations.
This is a winter term position from January 2019 - April 2019.
This position will include of the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Learn business elements of store and warehouse operations
- Opportunities to work with financial side of procurement operations
- Support Maintenance Dept. to reduce downtime within the plant
- Support Procurement team with data entry and other clerical tasks
- Physical receiving of product and put in proper locations within store areas
- Perform cycle counts and spot checks on inventory as requested
- Maintain high level of customer service
- Respect company procedures and Standard Operating Procedures
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- University Business student in a coop program
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office necessary
- Experience with WMS systems, Wennsoft and Great Plains is an asset
- Data entry experience an asset
- Mechanical aptitude and/or parts store experience are assets
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Solid communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.hylife.com/current-opportunities
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Seasonal