ADMINISTRATOR OF ACCOUNTS AND PURCHASING
12 month position, Monday to Friday, 7.25 hours per day
Start Date: October 17, 2018
Application deadline: 3:00 p.m., Thursday October 11, 2018
1. Business Administration Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
2. A thorough knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures.
3. Experience in purchasing administration.
4. A minimum of five years experience
5. Familiar with Excel and accounting software applications.
6. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Reports to: Manager of Business and Finance
Under the direction of the Manager of Business and Finance, promptly and accurately handles all payables, receivables and purchasing responsibilities with minimal direction to ensure the maximum efficiency of the division office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Administers the accounts payable system.
2. Administer the accounts receivable system.
3. Administers the purchasing system.
4. Coordinates, distributes, collects and compiles the reports for grant calculations and statistical purposes as required by the Schools' Finance Branch, Manitoba Education and Training as of September 30th each year.
5. Coordinates trust accounts, receives donations and issue receipts for donations. Prepares deposits and disbursements. Summarizes trust account activity for the Manager of Business and Finance to submit for yearly audits.
6. Gathers information and prepares schedules as directed by the Manager of Business and Finance, and cooperates with the auditors of the school division toward the completion of the interim and final audits.
7. Coordinates the daily duties and provides direction to the Accounting Assistant.
8. Maintains an inventory of, and requisitions office supply items for the general office.
9. Works in close cooperation with members of the central office and the school division in the achievement of maximum efficiency in the ongoing operation of the division.
10. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the office operation.
11. Assumes other job-related duties as authorized by the Superintendent/Secretary-Treasurer or Manager of Business and Finance.
12. Coordinates and maintains a database of mobile telephone contracts and billing charges.
For more information and to apply, go to Portage la Prairie School Division website www.plpsd.mb.ca and find the online link under CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Job type: Full-time