As Canada’s largest manufacturer of steel building systems, BEHLEN values our people and our community as much as our clients value our work. Behlen Industries LP manufactures steel building systems used in recreational, commercial, and industrial markets. Behlen is a proud member of WGI Westman Group Inc. – A dynamic, entrepreneurial group dedicated to the growth of their employees, customers and the communities in which they operate.
Progress creates a career opportunity in Brandon, Manitoba or Cambridge, Ontario.
STRUCTURAL STEEL DETAILER
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, our Structural Steel Detailer is responsible for completing detailed shop drawings for all structural components required in a Steel building system, as well as developing cut lists, shipping lists and final erection drawings for both Structural and Cladding.
This role requires:
• Completion of a Structural Engineering Technology, Architectural/Engineering Technology, Building Design CAD Technology diploma or degree.
o A Certified Engineering Technologist or equivalent designation will be viewed favourably.
o Combinations of experience and relevant courses will also be considered.
• Five to Seven years related experience with building structures in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD programs are a requirement.
o Experience with 3D detailing programs is an asset.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
• Above average mathematical skills; a strong, resourceful problem solver.
• Attention to detail, time and priority management are necessary for success.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, continually adapt to change and work under pressure
Behlen Industries LP provides a competitive total rewards package including professional growth, career development and continuous learning. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply via email to [email protected] by Friday, October 19, 2018. Please provide résumé and cover letter, stating salary expectations.
Job type: Full-time