Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc. provides same day and next day parcel courier services to Winnipeg and the towns within Manitoba.
Due to increased demand, we are seeking a Courier Driver to complete parcel and courier P & D in the Brandon and surrounding towns. This is a Monday to Friday role. No work on weekends or holidays. Paid vacation/sick, bonus and benefits after 3 months.
Driving one of our 3 or 5 tons; you will be paid salary and be based in Brandon.
You will be responsible for completing our Clients cargo/package pick-ups and drops offs, including the loading and unloading of freight. You will be required to maintain & submit trip sheets/ freight documents/manifests/BOL’s, adhere to all health and occupational safety, department of highways, and DOT regulations; as well as ensuring the safety, security, and prompt delivery of the cargo while on route.
Communication with our dispatch team and other fleet drivers service Brandon will be done via phone or text and hand held devices.
Interaction with other Frontier drivers to complete load transfers and update on status of freight is imperative.
- Must have good knowledge of the roadways within Brandon and the nearby towns.
- Must be flexible to adapt to new delivery routes from head office as directed.
- Must be wiling to adjust work day as needed to accommodate heavy or light freight days.
- Without help must be able to safely lift up to 50lbs as well as know how to safely use hand dollies and/or pallet jacks.
- Must be able to read, write, and clearly communicate in English.
- Good knowledge of log/trip sheets, inspection reports, freight documents
- Experience using GPS, cell phone, and any other company hand held tracking devices.
- Professional, and experienced in providing good customer service to Clients.
- Previous experience driving in a commercial setting preferred.
- Current driver’s abstract (minimum of at least one year no infractions).
- Valid Class 5 license with Air Brake endorsement.
- Must complete a criminal background check, as well as be bondable if requested.
- Must participate in Company drug testing program as required.
- Must have Safety Toed Shoes and wear company identification card and company branded clothing.
Candidates with the right attitude and dependability will be given preference.
Head office is located at 310-555 Hervo Street in Winnipeg,
The Brandon driver will WORK FROM AND BE BASED OUT OF BRANDON.
Please reply with your availability to meet, to begin work, and a copy of your driving abstract.
Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time