The Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation (MASC) offers programs and services that support sustainability and growth of Manitoba’s agricultural and rural economy. “Lending and Insurance – building a strong rural Manitoba.”
Flexible within Manitoba
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Must possess a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
Under the direction of the Manager, Product Knowledge and Support, the Research Analyst utilizes their industry knowledge and mathematical, communication and critical-thinking skills towards maintenance and review of MASC programs, policies, and requirements. The Research Analyst primarily focuses on collection, documentation, maintenance and analysis of market information, evaluation of programs, and undertaking assigned research projects.
• A degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Science, Business or Economics or an equivalent combination of related education and experience is required;
• Experience in collecting, organizing and analyzing research data, both qualitative and quantitative;
• Experience within the agricultural industry in Manitoba;
• Knowledge of Manitoba grain and livestock marketing systems and data sources;
• Ability to interpret and apply acts, policies or procedures;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with experience multi-tasking to meet deadlines;
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain databases, records, files and reports;
• Excellent written communication skills including preparation of reports and submissions to various levels of the organization;
• Ability to process and handle sensitive information in a secure manner with discretion;
• Ability to analyze, assess and recommend effective solutions to problems;
• Ability to work independently with moderate supervision;
• Ability to work collaboratively and to build and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external sources;
• Computer skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Ability to prepare and deliver presentations is an asset;
• Registration with or eligibility for registration with the Manitoba Institute of Agrologists is an asset.
This position has an attractive benefits package and salary range of $67,671 to $84,523. Interested candidates are requested to email their résumé and cover letter (including competition number), marked “Confidential”, no later than Thursday, October 25, 2018 to:
We believe diversity strengthens our ability to provide excellent customer service in a positive work environment. We encourage all to apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time