CLINICAL CASE MANAGER Full Time Permanent - #2018-CCM11
Posted on October 24, 2018. Region: Brandon, MB
POSTING #2018-CCM11 – CLINICAL CASE MANAGER Full Time Permanent
Agency: FASD Life’s Journey Inc. Posted: October 24, 2018
Program: Westman Services Closing Date: October 31, 2018
Wage: $25.04 - $29.19 Hourly (Based on qualifications)
Hours Worked: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00 pm (80 hours biweekly)
Location: Brandon, MB
Preference will be given to Female applicants.
Please direct all applications by e-mail to [email protected]. When applying please quote position applied for and job posting number in both the subject line and body of the email. Please submit current resume.
The Clinical Case Manager is responsible for managing a clinical caseload, intake and assessment of needs, developing individualized support plans, and implementing and coordinating program plans for participants. Also included is counseling participants, organizing their activities, and working in cooperation with senior staff and others to achieve program and special project goals. The Clinical Case Manager also develops service proposals for funding, seeks opportunities to fill service gaps, and provides training for staff on new and existing services.
The Clinical Case Manager provides leadership/supervision, coaching/guidance, support plans, feedback and coordination on staff performance and participant issues, and management/hypothesis of behaviors. This involves staffing, orientation, training, supporting, and developing employees in the delivery of programs and services. The incumbent establishes a respectful work environment, models and supports positive working relationships, adherence to agency policies, and demonstrates high ethical standards and boundaries.
Responsibilities also include effective communication and liaison with all stakeholders, fostering team work and collaboration, demonstrating cultural competence service, and confidentiality as norms. Also included is advocating for participants and liaison with all stakeholders, as required.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
• High Work Standards: work ethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to detail, time management
• Personal Management Skills: accountability, self-management, stress tolerance, adaptability/flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving
• Personal Development Skills: ability, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback and seeks collaborative opportunities
• Professional Skills: interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries
• Mentoring Skills: coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behaviour
• Leadership Skills: supervision and team leadership, direction & supervision, coaching & developing managing performance, positive employee relations, modeling professional behaviour, establishing a positive, respectful workplace
• Management Skills: planning, organizing and overseeing
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: PROGRAM MANAGER
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• University education in social services or equivalent experience in related roles is an asset.
• A Bachelors’ Degree in a related field and/or previous experience in related social service roles, demonstrated understanding of FASD/neural-behavioral, intellectual disabilities and issues.
• Optimally, three years experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities, demonstrating empathy an developing practical, supportive and effective working relationships
• Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry check, Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector search) and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and license.
• Certification of First Aid Level 1 – Emergency.
• The ability to attend work regularly as scheduled or requested.
• Demonstrated language, writing, comprehension skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of different therapeutic approaches and counseling skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively present alternative solutions.
• Demonstrate cultural knowledge competence and participate in agency training for development.
• A safe and reliable vehicle and proof of appropriate insurance on vehicle.
Knowledge of the following areas is required:
• Community Living
• Disability Services
• EIA and CFS
Core Competencies for All Employees: Respect, Collaboration, Integrity, Effective Communication, Patience and Perseverance, Reasoning and Decision Making
Life’s Journey strives towards a workforce that has fair representation of the community that we serve.
Job type: Full-time