SUPERVISOR, GENERAL ACCOUNTING
Portage la Prairie, MB
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Under the direction of the Manager, Financial Services, the incumbent is responsible for the development and implementation of procedures and the day-to-day supervision of duties relating to accounts receivable, general ledger and claims payable.
• Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation or have completed senior level courses and actively working towards an accounting designation or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
• Experience with general ledger reconciliations;
• Experience processing financial transactions in a high-volume setting;
• Experience with accounts receivable and collections;
• Supervisory experience;
• Experience researching, analyzing and problem solving;
• Experience interpreting and applying policies and procedures;
• Experience maintaining accuracy and paying attention to detail;
• Experience providing superior customer service;
• Organizational skills with experience multi-tasking to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, change oriented environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience building relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Excellent oral communication skills;
• Excellent written communication skills;
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook);
• Experience with Great Plains or equivalent accounting software is an asset.
This position has an attractive benefits package and salary range of $59,179 - $71,038 per annum. Interested candidates are requested to send their résumé and cover letter, marked “Confidential”, no later than Friday, November 9, 2018 to:
Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation
Unit 100 - 1525 First Street S.
Brandon, MB R7A 7A1
E-mail [email protected]
We believe diversity strengthens our ability to provide excellent customer service in a positive work environment. We encourage all to apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time