Rosebud Centre of the Arts’ mission is to enrich lives by expressing God’s gifts of creativity, hope, joy, forgiveness and love through the arts.
For over 35 years, Rosebud Theatre has focused on providing professional theatre while mentoring and supporting emerging artists through Rosebud School of the Arts. Today, we are Alberta’s premiere destination for live theatre and delicious food.
Each year, Rosebud Theatre hosts over 35,000 patrons coming from across the province and beyond our borders to over 200 performances. Together, we transform these events into experiences; these experiences create excitement and turn into the “Rosebud Experience”.
We are looking for responsible and dynamic working Chef to manage staff, food preparation, menu planning and to be a hands-on leader in the kitchen. The Chef’s position is an integral part of our organization through the delivery of exceptional food and service to hundreds of Rosebud Theatre guests and as a role model for Rosebud School of the arts students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create menus, order supplies, cook and present menu items in a timely fashion.
- Work with kitchen team to maintain quality and cleanliness in a high production kitchen.
- Train staff and Rosebud School of the Arts students to develop a positive professional working atmosphere.
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Maintain cost controls as budgeted.
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed
- Minimum 5 years professional cooking experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Provincial Trade designation or Red Seal
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence
- Energetic, highly motivated and creative
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and more for you and your family
- Complimentary tickets to attend dinner and theatre with your guests
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to Pat at [email protected] by March 8.
Ideal start date March 27, 2019
Job type: Full-time