Tarra Engineering and structural Consultants Inc. is a structural engineering firm licensed by the Association of Professional Engineers Ontario to provide a wide variety of structural and geostructural design and services to industrial and general public. We provide Excavation Shoring & Geostructural Engineering services, including design, drafting and development of the projects for both commercial and Residential projects. We hold licenses to practice in Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Colombia and Saskatchewan.
Tarra has two job openings for experienced Construction General Manager that can lead and manage our purchasing department. We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer that will have the following qualifications:
• Determine the company's mission and strategic direction as conveyed through policies and concrete objectives which are met through the effective management of human, financial and material resources
• Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
• Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
• Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
• Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
• Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
• Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
• Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
• Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities.
• Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
• Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
• Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
• Manage relationships with partners/vendors
• Working closely with middle managers to compile the budget.
• Spearheading strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
• Driving the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
• Controlling company costs, and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
• Monitoring invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes.
• Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports.
• Overseeing marketing initiatives and implementing better business practices.
• Delegating responsibilities to ensure staff members grow as capable participants.
• Completing performance reviews in a prudent manner.
• Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies, and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
• 7+ years of experience in Excavation industry.
• Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Law, Policy, or related fields is preferred.
• More than 10 years experience managing a complex enterprise's human resources, finances, operations and strategies.
• Track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise.
• Track record of managing complex budgets successfully.
• Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership.
• Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
• Knowledge over High strength stand (Multi-strand anchors), self-drilling rod (Thread-bar anchors), Micropiles, Geo-textile (including Geosynthetic Clay Liners (GCL), Nonwoven Geotextiles, Woven ad High Strength Woven Geotextiles, is an asset.
• Forward-thinking leader that is willing to contribute to our company’s growth and expansion.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Job type: Full-time