Tarra Engineering and structural Consultants Inc. is a structural engineering firm licensed by the Association of Professional Engineers Ontario to provide a wide variety of structural and geostructural design and services to industrial and general public. We provide Excavation Shoring & Geostructural Engineering services, including design, drafting and development of the projects for both commercial and Residential projects. We hold licenses to practice in Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Colombia and Saskatchewan.
Tarra has two job openings for experienced Construction General Manager that can lead and manage our purchasing department. We are looking for a Construction General Manager who has extensive experience in the deep excavation industry. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions;
• Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments,
• Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs,
• Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions;
• Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs;
• Ensure compliance and consistent adoption of all current Project Management, Project Controls, Risk Management best practices and tools;
• Ensure the strategic and effective development, growth, and retention of people resources for key project management or project controls functions to support our current and future Project Management needs;
• Maintain an emphasis on developing a strong, organic and agile team focused on consistent, safe and profitable project execution;
• Maintain positive and effective relationships with internal stakeholder groups (Estimating, Operations, Procurement, Process Excellence, Finance, Safety, QA/QC, etc.)
• Accountable to ensure that internal and customer project management reporting requirements are met, while driving enhanced reporting accuracy and proficiency though automation;
• Accountable to ensure accurate and timely Tracking and Forecasting and Construction Schedule activities on assigned projects;
• Assist in execution and project management subject matter preparation for large tender proposals;
• Accountable to ensure the effective and optimal management and administration of project lessons learned;
• Accountable to ensure that all internal and external project management Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are maintained and reported, as appropriate;
• Accountable to ensure effective and consistent Document Control processes are leveraged;
• Provide supervision, mentoring, development of assigned Managers, as direct reports;
• Accountable for oversight of the supervision, mentoring, development by Managers, of their direct reports.
• 7+ years of experience in Excavation industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external teams.
• Strong systems experience with knowledge, aptitude and desire to collaborate, design, document and implement processes.
• Strong verbal, written in presentation and communications Skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadline requirements.
• Excellent attention to details, and ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge over High strength stand (Multi-strand anchors), self-drilling rod (Thread-bar anchors), Micropiles, Geo-textile (including Geosynthetic Clay Liners (GCL), Nonwoven Geotextiles, Woven ad High Strength Woven Geotextiles, is an asset.
• Forward-thinking leader that is willing to contribute to our company’s growth and expansion.
• Proven ability to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects while motivating professional and technical staff.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Job type: Full-time