Company: River Craftsmen Company Limited O/A Verge Select
Business Location: 43 Bruce Street S, Thornbury, ON, N0H 2P0
Work Location: 173 Clark, Clarksburg, ON, N0H 1J0
Business Information: We are an all-inclusive architectural, building and design firm
Type of Employment: Permanent– Full-time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce
joints. Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit,
using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Help to trim excess material from work pieces
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools including power saws, jointers,
mortisers, molders, or shapers to cut, shape and form part and components
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- Help to perform some rough and finish carpentry to company’s standard of quality,
according to the plans and specifications
- Ability to read drawings
-Maintain a safe and clean jobsite
- Care for tools, equipment and materials
- Installation of standard wall-hung cabinetry and accessories.
- Measure and mark dimensions of part on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting,
following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
- Attach part or subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails,
screws or clamps.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Attach decorative or functional accessories to products.
- Match materials for colour, grain, or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of the wood.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of work experience in cabinetmaking is required. If the
candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Familiarity with heritage methods and techniques is an asset.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity.
-Personal suitability: Ability to interact well with team members, effective interpersonal skills.
Salary: $19.00 to 21.00 hourly, 42.5 hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: The hours of operation are 8:00am to 5:00pm. If there is a deadline to
meet, it is expected that employees either start earlier or finish later. Overtime work might be
required on weekends.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to P.O. Box 1089, 43 Bruce Street S, Thornbury, ON, N0H
Job type: Full-time