Citymark Construction and Drywall uses hands-on approach that optimizes results while maintaining fast turnaround times and responsive, friendly service. Since 2002, Citymark Construction and Drywall has provided an extensive set of professional services to institutions throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
As a member of the Interior Systems Contractors Association (ISCA), Citymark Construction and Drywall has developed a strong reputation by holding every project to the same high standards. Every job is strictly supervised, both in-office and on-site, and our certified tradesmen engage in on-going training programs to ensure consistent efficiency. Our goal is to surpass our clients’ expectations and offer a superior value in every case.
We have played a role in various award-winning projects including Durham College Student Services Building (Winner of Oshawa Urban Design Award, 2010), Hudson’s Bay Queen Street (Association for Retail Environments Design, 2010) and Kleinfeld Toronto (Association for Retail Environments Design Award, 2015).
We are a fast-growing construction and drywall company, looking for a well-experienced Purchasing Officer. The best candidate will lead a tight knit team and meets the following criteria:
• Research and evaluate potential vendors and suppliers. Develop strategic plans for identifying vendors and new products in the market.
• Control and evaluate the product pricing and applicability to make sure they are within the project’s budget by requesting quotes and compare prices for maximum ROI.
• Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity
• Lead research on and identify new materials, equipment and supplies that recently get into market; especially the ones with green focus.
• Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
• Improve and maintain our relations with existing suppliers and vendors while finding new suppliers who can meet our needs more efficiently.
• Negotiate appropriate contracts for pricing and supply
• Examine and review products and supplies to ensure quality
• Determine contract terms and conditions.
• Track incoming inventory, delivery arrival time, and note actual arrival time
• Organize and update database of suppliers, delivery times, invoices, and quantity of supplies
• Collaborate with financial team members on contracts, invoicing, and other financial matters
• Develop, hone and execute new improved purchasing strategies across all channels.
• Organize and direct purchasing activities with engineering team to assure the products are best fit for the company’s project with regards to Machinery and material.
• Institute innovative policies to save the company money and improve projects efficiency.
• Control purchasing department budget.
• Evaluate pricing, quality and safety of machinery, goods or services and conduct a comprehensive Q.C. process to purchase them.
• Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
• Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
• Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
• Review and process claims against suppliers, and manage deliveries of materials, equipment and supplies.
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
• Actively participate in interview, hire and training of staff.
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
• 7+ years of experience in purchasing or procurement management.
• Understanding of Green Construction and Smart Buildings.
• A university degree is required.
• Computer proficiency; Microsoft office, and sales and project management portals and softwares like Salesforce, SmartSimple, and Asana and Smartsheet.
• High level knowledge of drywall and construction industry.
• Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of Farsi, Arabic, and/or Urdu language is preferred as many of our potential clients speak these languages.
• Great interpersonal and presentational skills.
• Confidence, aggressiveness, tenacity, and resiliency
• Effective time management skills
• Solid communication skills – both verbal & written
• Sales ability and persuasiveness
• Entrepreneurial spirit, able to work independently and relishes a challenge
• Ability to travel frequently, regionally, nationally and internationally is necessary (depending on sales area, could average 3 – 4 overnights/month or more)
• Accustomed to working in a fast, high-pressure working environment.
• Understanding of Middle Eastern market is an asset.
• Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors
• Understanding of supply chain procedures
• Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
• Negotiation skills
Job type: Full-time