Citymark Construction and Drywall uses hands-on approach that optimizes results while maintaining fast turnaround times and responsive, friendly service. Since 2002, Citymark Construction and Drywall has provided an extensive set of professional services to institutions throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
As a member of the Interior Systems Contractors Association (ISCA), Citymark Construction and Drywall has developed a strong reputation by holding every project to the same high standards. Every job is strictly supervised, both in-office and on-site, and our certified tradesmen engage in on-going training programs to ensure consistent efficiency. Our goal is to surpass our clients’ expectations and offer a superior value in every case.
We have played a role in various award-winning projects including Durham College Student Services Building (Winner of Oshawa Urban Design Award, 2010), Hudson’s Bay Queen Street (Association for Retail Environments Design, 2010) and Kleinfeld Toronto (Association for Retail Environments Design Award, 2015).
We are a fast-growing construction and drywall company, looking for a Lathers Supervisor. The best candidate will lead a tight knit team and meets the following criteria:
• Read blueprints and work as a team with architects, engineers and associated trades to bring a project to completion;
• Prepare wall and ceiling layouts;
• Conduct assessment on what materials, equipment and supplies should be used or ordered for each project;
• Supervise Installation of metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools;
• Oversee installation of metal framing for walls, partitions, ceiling systems and ornamental detail;
• Ensure proper application of base materials for stucco finishes including Styrofoam, stucco wire and metal lath, and apply various stucco finishes;
• Work with other trades to schedule and accommodate the installation of heating, plumbing, electrical and millwork;
• Oversee and ensure proper installation of metal doors, window frames, access doors and insulation;
• Oversee installation of demountable partitions and various suspended ceilings as used in commercial office space;
• Supervise overall installation and and finishing drywall on commercial, residential and industrial projects;
• Oversee installation of load-bearing steel wall and floor systems used in the construction of non-combustible buildings.
• May install metal casings around openings, metal window stools, and metal trim and plaster grounds nailed to studding to provide guide for PLASTERER.
• Train or arrange workers on tasks such as fastening wooden, metal, or rockboard lath to walls, ceilings, and partitions of buildings to provide supporting base for plaster, fireproofing, or acoustical material, using handtools and portable power tools, Erecting horizontal metal framework to which laths are fastened, using nails, bolts, and studgun.
• Ensure health and safety regulations are followed, Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
Skills and Requirements:
• University Degree.
• Ability to supervise at least two people.
• Have skills that require a high degree of accuracy.
• Capable of problem solving and creative thinking.
• Good hand-eye coordination.
• Physical fitness.
• Strength, stamina and the use of proper lifting techniques required to work with heavy equipment weighing in excess of 25 kilograms (55 pounds).
• The ability and willingness to pay careful attention to detail,
• The ability to work well with others, and independently,
• Be comfortable working at heights from ladders or scaffolding,
• Should have good math skills
• Confidence, aggressiveness, tenacity, and resiliency
• Effective time management skills
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time